Hey there fans of Your Guitar Tutor!
Firstly I want to thank you all for having followed this series of free blog guitar lessons on beginner guitar basics. Todays lesson will wrap up the CAGED chords and after this weeks lesson we will be focusing on applying a few of these chords at a time to learning simple chord progressions that are used in some of your favourite songs.
If you have made it this far and followed the Beginner Guitar Lesson series from the start then you already have enough knowledge to start tackling a huge amount of songs. If you wish to be able to learn even more of your favourite songs then you should learn a few more chords that will be covered in the next few weeks.
Open D Minor Chord
To play your final chord from the CAGED system take the following steps:
- First place your second finger on the 2nd fret G string
- Place your third finger on the 3rd fret B string
- Now place your first finger on the 1st fret high E string
- As with all your chords, notice which string to play from, in this case we play from the D string
- Let your picking hand fall down the strings from D to high E
- Try repositioning your thumb if it feels uncomfortable and listen out for muted notes or muffle
Even more helpful information for you beginner guitarists is on the way – ‘Complete Beginner Guitarist’my soon to be released eBook will be available August 20th 2011 and will take a complete beginner to the next level. This eBook is being written after receiving a high demand for a product that focuses purely on the complete beginner guitarist and that is exactly what this eBook will do.
Currently writing the eBook and very excited to release it to you all, so please come back, follow the blog lessons and visit the home page August 20th for your own copy of Complete Beginner Guitarist.
Thanks For Reading, Your Guitar Tutor Fans