Hello YGT Students!
In Beginner Guitar Lesson 5 you learnt how to play the Cm and Am open chords and hopefully you can still play your C, A, G, E and D open major chords too. If you want to learn how to practise all of the content you are picking up in these free guitar lessons then you should purchase Be The Guitarist and get The Ultimate Practise- Planner free where you will find a practise routine to suit you.
Lesson Aim: Learn the Gm and Em open chords.
Open Gm Chord
- First place your first finger on the 3rd fret low E string and rest across the A string to mute it.
- Now place your second finger on the 3rd fret G string
- Place your third finger on the 3rd fret B string
- Finally place your fourth finger on the 3rd fret high E string.
- As with the previous chords you have learnt, let your picking hand drop down the strings, in this case from the Low E to high E.
- First place your second finger on the 2nd fret A string
- Now place your third finger on the 2nd fret D string
- Finally make sure you are not resting on the surrounding open strings (strings shown with a zero on them).
- Let your picking hand fall down the strings from the Low E to high E